Russell Marion Osborne, age 94 of Owosso passed away Sunday, December 29, 2019 at The Meadows.
Funeral services will be held 11am Monday, January 6, 2020 at First United Methodist Church with Rev. Dr. Deane Wyllys officiating. Burial will take place at Great Lakes National Cemetery. The family will receive friends at Nelson-House Funeral Home on Sunday from 1pm to 6pm.
Russell was born July 28, 1925 in Copemish, the son of Andrew and Nancy (Blair) Osborne.
He graduated from Copemish High School, class of 1943, earned a BSME degree from Indiana Institute of Technology and proudly served in the United States Army with the 9th Armored Division from Belgium to Czechoslovia and served in Korea landing at Inchon Fall of 1950.
He married Gweneth Swaidner in Huntington, Indiana on March 21, 1948; she predeceased him on September 16, 2010.
Russ was a member of the First United Methodist Church and American Legion Read-Osborne Post 531. He was an active member of Owosso Kiwanis Club where he had 32 years of perfect attendance as well as being a past president. He headed up the project to build the Kiwanis Little League ball field off of Oakwood Ave, two pavilions and walk way bridges at Gerald Collamer Park and was active with Kiwanis Village from 1979 until the past few years. Russ was also a past member of Research Scientist of America (RESA) and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
Russ was employed by Cities Service Research and Development Co from 1949 to 1962, Clark Equipment Test Laboratory from 1962-1963 and was owner/operator of the local Texaco Distributorship from 1963 until his retirement.
He is survived by his sons George (Johnette) Osborne and Kenneth Osborne; three grandchildren John (Brandi) Osborne, Clinton Osborne and Samantha (Kyle) Nesbit; 3 great-grandchildren Andrew Osborne, Thomas Osborne and Kamryn Nesbit; other loving family and friends.
He was predeceased by his wife Gweneth; son Dewayne Osborne; daughter-in-law Anita Osborne; a sister and 4 brothers.
Memorial contributions are suggested to First United Methodist Church.